With years of fine-art printing experience at your disposal, you can rest easy in the knowledge that we are capable of producing exceptionally high-quality fine art prints and handcrafted frames. So good in fact, we’ve produced artwork for famous artists, photographers and museums.
We turn pixels into prints
Armed with the latest wide-format print tech and the finest archival papers, we produce incredibly sharp and vibrant giclée prints. This precision gives an end result that’s as true to the original as you can get, retaining all the detail and tonal qualities.
You’re probably wondering what giclée even means. So, here’s a quick rundown on the history of it and what makes it so superior. Basically, the word giclée or “gee-clay”, is based on the French verb gicler which means “to squirt or spray”. First coined by printmaker Jack Duganne in 1991, giclée printing is a fine art digital printing method that uses specialist archival pigment inks and acid-free papers. The results of this mean you can enjoy gallery-quality prints with excellent depth of colour, longevity and stability.
How it works is, microscopic dots of pigment ink are squirted onto high-quality fine art or photographic papers using really high-end inkjet printers, allowing allow for exceptional accuracy, wide tonal range and colour gamut.
Tests have proven that the colour vividness in giclée prints can last a whopping 200+ years. With studies carried out by independent bodies, including Wilhelm Research and printer manufacturer Epson. This is great news for collectors and art buyers, as this gives assurance on the longevity of art prints created using this printing method.
Top advantages of giclée printing
- Giclée prints are widely accepted by art buyers, galleries and museums as archival and collectible pieces
- It offer a much greater choice of papers, meaning lots of different weights, textures and whitenesses
- With giclée printing you get greater accuracy and depth of colour, ensuring amazing reproductions of originals
- It provides more vivid and saturated colours than C-Type or digital offset, due to the bright pigments used to make up the inks
- Giclée prints outlast lithographic prints and other technologies by up to six times
We handcraft exceptional frames
Handmade and made to order, our framed prints are crafted by Guild trained framers who combine the finest quality archival materials with the highest levels of craftsmanship. No expense is spared, which is why only top quality wood, mounts, glazes and finishes are used on our frames, and nothing else!
If it couldn’t get much better, we want to make your life easier, which is why all our frames are delivered ready to hang, with the necessary fixtures in place.
What makes our frames so special
- Real wood – You’ll only find real wood here. The high-quality wood we use is 100% real and from sustainable sources. You won’t find us using MDF or any other type of manmade materials
- Smoooooth – Each corner is properly glued, sealed and sanded at the join. This gives a beautifully smooth and seamless finish that is far superior to the process cheap, shop brought alternatives use
- Made to order – Every frame we sell is handcrafted to order, meaning it’s made by hand to the exact specifications of each individual order. Extreme attention is given to each frame ensuring they’re beautifully hand-finished and not mass-produced
- Archival standard – All of the materials used on our frames are acid-free and our window mounts are ‘conservation’ grade, FSC certified. This ensures they remain true to colour and don’t discolour or fade with age
“I can’t tell you how impressed I am with the level of service and commitment these guys offer. I was amazed by the quality of the print and I’m already planning what to order next”
Dean R, London